Introducing the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze/Cruze Hatchback
The 2019 Chevrolet lineup brings a total refresh for the Cruze compact car. The first thing drivers will note about the new Cruze and Cruze Hatchback is the bold, attractive new styling of the both car’s bodies. However, this update is about more than just looks. With a range of new standard and optional technologies and a variety of customizations, the 2019 Cruze sets a new standard for its class.
As a compact, the Cruze fits into the Chevy lineup between the mid-size Malibu and the subcompact Sonic. The 2019 model will be the first of the third-generation of Cruze models, the last being introduced in 2016. It rides on the General Motors DM2 Platform shared with the Chevy Volt and several other GM vehicles.
Chevy Cruz Highlights
Drivers have a lot to be excited about in the 2019 Cruze. This entry into the range features a more perfected marriage of fuel economy, styling, and technology than ever before. Some highlights of the 2019 Chevy Cruze specs include:
● Available as a sedan or hatchback
● The choice between 1.4L turbo or 1.6L turbo-diesel engine
● 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission available for both engine options
● Standard engine with direct injection achieves 0-60 mph acceleration in 7.7 seconds
● Projector headlamps with LED signature lighting standard with LT and Premier trims
● Optional RS package with rear spoiler, front fog lamps, sports body kit, and RS ornamentations
● Android Auto and Apple Car Play phone projection is standard
● OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity and a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot including a three-month/three-gigabyte data plan
● Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system with 7-inch touchscreen
● Automatic climate control on LT and Premier trims
● Heated steering wheel on Premier and Diesel
● Keyless open and start optional with LT trim package and standard with Premier
Both engine options offer a lively and responsive driving experience. The 1.4L turbocharged, gas engine is good for 153 horsepower. Additionally, the 1.6L turbo-diesel engine delivers 240 lb.-ft of torque. No matter which option you choose, you can be sure your 2019 Cruze will be a joy to drive.
Like many other Chevrolet vehicles, the Cruze features automatic engine start and stop. This innovative technology helps maximize fuel efficiency while also minimizing cabin noise while stopped.
Clearly, the 2019 Cruze has a lot to offer. With many customization and trim levels available, you can make your Cruze exactly the way you want it.
Major Changes from 2018 Model Year
The 2019 model year features some major changes for the Cruze. Most notable is the updated, bolder look.
● Restyled front end with a new fascia, grille, and headlights
● New, dual-element taillamps including LED lighting available on some trim levels
● Redesigned wheels
● New color options including Pacific Blue Metallic and Oakwood Metallic
● New RS package including black window moldings, bowtie emblems, and 17-inch or optional 18-inch wheels
Of course, it isn’t just the outside that has a new look. The new Chevy Cruze features some stunning updates to the interior.
● New interior color combinations including Umber
● New Infotainment 3 system with 7-inch touchscreen
● Floor console with armrest is now standard
● Two USB ports and an auxiliary jack are now standard
● Optional Universal Tablet Holder
● Automatic climate control is now standard on LT and Premier trim levels
Adding to these great new features, the Cruze’s sporty, turbocharged engine and impressive fuel economy make it clear that the 2019 Cruze will be a top choice for many drivers. In both the sedan and hatchback body styles, the new Chevy Cruze is as fun as it is functional.
Chevy Cruz Top Safety Features
The 2019 Cruze is the safest iteration of the compact car to date. The new model year introduces a number of standard features that will help keep drivers, their passengers, and those around them safer.
● 10 airbags are standard, including knee airbags for the driver and front passenger
● The rear-vision camera included standard
● Safety belt pre-tensioners included standard
● StabiliTrak electronic stability control with traction control, rollover mitigation, and anti-lock brakes included standard
● Optional Driver Confidence Package on the LT and Premier trim levels including rear park assist, side blind zone alert with lane change alert, and rear cross-traffic alert
● Optional Driver Confidence II Package on the Premier trim which adds IntelliBeam automatic high-beam control, following distance indicator, forward collision alert, front pedestrian braking, and low speed forward automatic braking
These great standards and optional features mean that drivers in the new Chevy Cruze can take to the road more confidently than ever before. Better yet, many of these safety features make common activities such as parallel parking and highway driving easier.
For parents and others expecting to transport children, the Cruze is a great choice. Both outboard rear seats feature a pair of LATCH anchors that are easy to access and use. Added to the already comprehensive safety features, this makes the Cruze an excellent option for families.
Drivers who choose the 2019 Cruze can select from a variety of customizations. This includes several trim levels. The sedan is available in the L, LS, LT and Premier trims. 2019 also adds the LS trim to the Cruze Hatchback’s trim choices, which also include the LT and Premier trims.
Several packages available on previous models have become standard features for all buyers. However, the 2019 Cruze continues to offer the RS, interior protection, winter/summer floor mats, ground effects, and Driver Confidence packages. The new model year also adds the LS Convenience Package which includes great features, such as:
● Cruise control
● 16-inch aluminum wheels
● Steering wheel mounted controls
● Remote vehicle start system
Prior interior packages have also been converted to the Preferred Package. This includes front passenger four-way manual seat adjuster, five-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel, and steering wheel heating.
Chevy Cruz Compared to Other Compact Cars
The 2019 Cruze features enjoyable handling that makes the driving experience more fun than many vehicles in its class. This experience is only enhanced with the optional 18-inch wheels which offer a superior road grip. The vehicle’s excellent control means tight turns and minimal body roll compared to similar sedans and hatchbacks.
Despite being a small size car, the Cruze features a roomy cabin that can comfortably fit multiple passengers. Additionally, it is laid out to make every feature within easy reach of the driver, an important bonus for commuters. With the various personalized interior packages available, the new Cruze has a premium look that can’t be matched by many other vehicles in the compact class.
The Chevy Cruze is one of the safest compact cars in the market. A laundry list of standard and optional safety features meets excellent visibility and great crash test scores to truly top its class for safety. This is one of the areas that the 2019 Cruze shines brightest compared to its major competitors such as the Honda Civic, Kia Forte, and Mazda 3.
For gadget-loving drivers, the new Chevy Cruze also has a lot to offer. The Infotainment 3 system is responsive and easy-to-use. With standard Android Auto and Apple Car Play, connecting with your smartphone from the car has never been easier than in the 2019 Cruze.
Visit Valley Chevy To Check Out the 2019 Cruze
The 2019 Cruze and sedan and hatchback will be hitting lots soon. This refresh of the compact car brings a lot of new features to be excited about. So, contact your local Chevy dealership to learn more and for release date info.