2018 Chevrolet Cruze LS vs LT
Choosing a compact car can be difficult due to the multiple great options on the market. Even after you narrow it down to the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze, you still have to make some hard decisions. Especially when considering the multitude of 2018 Cruze trims available. Would you rather have a hatchback or a sedan? Are you going to pick the 2018 Chevy Cruze LT or the 2018 Chevy Cruze LS? Both the LT and the LS come with great standard features like a rear vision camera and OnStar. Dive deeper to find the subtle differences between these two tempting options.
2018 Chevy LS vs LT Cruze Trims
The Cruze is the perfect car for just about everyone thanks to great gas mileage, ease of driving, and affordability to name a few.
Cruze LSMSRP from $19,400
The following features are found standard in the LS hatchback and sedan Cruze.
- 1.4L ECOTEC® DOHC turbocharged 4-cylinder engine
- 153 hp and 177 lb-ft of torque
- Continuously Variable Valve Timing
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Axle, 3.65 ratio
- Front wheel drive
- Coolant protection, engine
- Battery, 70AH
- Alternator, 130 amps
- Front suspension
- MacPherson strut
- Steering, power, electric rack-mounted
- 4-wheel antilock disc brakes
- Help reduce wheel lockup and maintain steering control during hard braking on most slippery surfaces
- DuraLife™ brake rotors have better resistance to corrosion to increase rotor life, minimize brake pulsation, and improve aesthetic appearance
- Brake lining, high-performance, noise and dust performance
- Brake, parking, manual, hand-operated
Cruze LTMSRP from $21,795
In addition to the standard features found in the LS Cruze version, you get the following with the LT:
- 6-speaker audio system
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- 60/40 split-folding rear seat
- Compact spare tire
- Cruise control
- LED daytime running lamps
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio† (Limited Trial Service)
2018 Cruze LS vs LT Bottom Line
The differences start to reveal themselves upon closer inspection. The Chevy Cruze LS is the base model, and includes a variety of great features for a low starting price of $18,525. Things like teen driver safety features and 39 miles per gallon highway make the Cruze LS a perfectly sensible and competent vehicle.
The Chevy Cruze LT adds onto the base features to create an even more refined experience. Optional keyless open and keyless start help bring it to the pinnacle of convenience. Try optional heated front seats to take it up another notch.
Test Drive the 2018 Chevy Cruze in Phoenix
Will you prefer the economical price of the LS or the innovative features of the LT? Drive them both to help yourself decide! Test drives are available at your local Valley Chevy Dealer.