2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Trims & Options
If you are searching for a pickup truck that fits your lifestyle, the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD is for you. With an impressive towing capacity of 23,300 pounds and a maximum payload of 7,153 pounds, this is a pickup that you can put to work. Additionally, Teen Driver mode lets you loan your car to your kids with peace of mind. When you drive home in a Silverado, you don’t need to worry about fuel costs, as it is the most fuel-efficient pickup in its class, with many real-world tests achieving 19 to 20 MPG.
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Trims
There are four available Silverado 3500 trim levels and 44 possible configurations, making it easy to find the features you want and need.
Silverado 3500HD WT
While this is technically the most basic trim level available, don’t let the WT (aka Work Truck) fool you. It’s a big, strong truck that comes with a ton of features like chrome bumpers and an 18-inch steering wheel. Drivers can also benefit from a trailering package and an automatic locking rear differential to keep your load secure. There are a few fantastic technological aspects as well, such as 4.2-inch color display and an audio system with USB integration. Regular cabs come with four speakers, while the double and crew cab versions come with six. Compare the WT to the LT below.
Check out all the features that go into the Work Truck Silverado.
- Available on all models
- Vortec™ 6.0L V8 engine
- Available Duramax® 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 engine with Allison® transmission
- High-strength, fully boxed steel frame
- Handling/Trailering Suspension
- Durable vinyl or cloth seating
- Rear-vision Camera
- Chevrolet MyLink† with 7-inch diagonal color touch display
- Automatic locking rear differential
- Duralife™ brake rotors
- Trailering Equipment Package
- Available in 2WD and 4x4 models
- Available with Single Rear Wheels (SRW) or Dual Rear Wheels (DRW)
Silverado 3500HD LT
The next step up, the LT, comes with a few more practical features, such as heated mirrors, tinted windows, keyless entry, and an upgraded tailgate. There are also a ton of technological upgrades in this trim level as well. Drivers can stay connected while on the road with 4G LTE and in-car Wi-Fi integration, satellite radio, Bluetooth phone, and audio connectivity. As if that wasn’t enough, you can also take advantage of Chevrolet’s MyLink interface, which allows for smartphone integration and voice controls.
In addition to all of the features that go into the WT, the LT has the following.
- Available on all models
- Cloth seating
- EZ Lift and Lower Tailgate
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio† with 3-month trial
- 4.2-inch diagonal color Driver Information Center
- Chevrolet MyLink† system with 8-inch diagonal color touch-screen
- Body-color door handles and bodyside moldings
- Chevrolet Connected Services Trial and OnStar Safety & Security Plan Coverage†
- Available built-in 4G LTE† Wi-Fi® connection
Silverado 3500HD LTZ
The LTZ trim level upgrades the amazing features found in the prior ones, while adding a few more. Drivers can enjoy safety features like fog lights, power-sliding rear window with defogger, heated power-folding mirrors, and a rear-view camera. Remote ignition, auto dimming rear view mirror, and heated front seats also make this a convenient and comfortable ride. Technology enthusiasts can enjoy an upgraded MyLink system, with an eight-inch touchscreen display and driver memory settings.
The LTZ has all of the following (in addition to what’s found in the LT).
- Available on Double Cab and Crew Cab models
- Heated front leather-appointed seating
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Remote vehicle starter system
- 110-volt power outlet
- Power-sliding rear window with defroster
- Chrome door handles, mirror caps and bodyside moldings
- Chrome camper mirrors
Silverado 3500HD High Country
Drivers who want a pickup with power and luxury may be interested in the High Country trim level. In addition to all the amazing features the lower levels have, it adds a few extra touches. Safety-wise, it comes with a front and rear parking sensor and cargo box tie-downs. Heated and ventilated front seats and expanded leather upholstery make for a comfortable ride regardless of the weather. Additionally, a seven-speaker Bose audio system comes standard with each High Country level, letting you blast your tunes while you are on the road or hard at work.
The High Country is the top-dog in the pickup world and you get all of the following (including the LTZ features).
High Country Features:
- Crew Cab models only
- 17-inch polished forged-aluminum wheels (DRW)
- 18-inch chromed-aluminum wheels (SRW)
- Unique body-color front and rear bumpers
- Unique grille
- Unique Saddle or Jet Black interior color
- Heated and vented custom leather-appointed front seats
- 6-inch chrome assist step
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- 4 movable cargo box tie-downs
- Spray-in bedliner with Chevy logo
- Bose® premium audio system
- Center floor console
- Chevrolet MyLink† Radio with Navigation and 8-inch diagonal color touch-screen
You can choose to add the off-road package to the LT and LTZ trim levels. This includes 18-inch wheels, hill descent control, and specially tuned shock absorbers. If you use your truck for any off-road work, this package can keep you safe.
See also: 2018 RAM 3500 vs Silverado 3500HD
Where to Test Drive a New 2018 Silverado 3500 HD in Phoenix
Can’t decide which trim level is best for you? There are a ton of options available, with some of the extra features that come standard with higher trim levels being optional add-ons for the lower ones. This gives you a lot of choices when picking out your new Silverado. Come into your local Phoenix Chevy dealership to test drive different options or to speak with a sales associate about how a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 can meet all your needs.