2018 Chevy Malibu Trims & Options
The 2018 Chevy Malibu is a well-rounded midsize car. It’s got a great mixture of sportiness and luxurious features. It’s compact enough for city driving, but still roomy on the inside. It’s stylish and practical at the same time. It offers great performance and handling without burning a lot of gas.
Combine all that with Chevy’s world-renowned dependability and five-star overall rating from the U.S. News and World Report, and you have unbeatable value for a midsize sedan. One of the best things about this advanced 2018 offering is that it offers drivers customization options with five distinct Chevy Malibu Trims. Look into your options below to find which one’s right for you.
2018 Chevrolet Malibu Trims
This no-nonsense approach to the Malibu is perfect for drivers who want great value and don’t need many bells and whistles. It starts at only $22,555, gets 30 miles per gallon combined, and offers a smooth drive thanks to its six-speed automatic transmission.
Malibu L Trim
The L trim of the Malibu model is the base version of this popular sedan. It’s very reasonably priced; starting at $22,555. This model boasts a 1.5L turbocharged DOHC, four-cylinder engine that pumps out 160 horsepower at 5700 RPM and 185 pound-feet of torque at between 2500 and 3000 RPM. Additional mechanical specs include variable valve timing, electronic controlled transmission, start/stop engine control, and front wheel drive.
The base Malibu is packed full of goodness!
- 1.5L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with Direct Injection and stop/start technology
- 6-speed automatic transmission
- MacPherson strut front suspension and 4-link rear suspension
- 10 air bags†
- Chevrolet Connected Services Trial and OnStar Safety & Security Plan Coverage†
- StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System†
- Theft-deterrent system with content-theft alarm
- Daytime running lamps
- Halogen projector-beam headlamps with automatic exterior lamp control
- Outside power-adjustable black mirrors
- 16-inch steel wheels with painted wheel covers
- Keyless Open and Start
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Power-programmable door locks with lockout protection and rear-door child safety locks
- AM/FM stereo
- 6-speaker sound system
- Bluetooth® wireless technology† for select phones
- Steering wheel-mounted controls for audio and cruise
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Driver Information Center
- Power windows with express-down
- Single-zone manual climate control
- Front buckets with reclining seatbacks and adjustable head restraints and rear seat with 60/40 split-folding seatback
- Rear-window defogger
- Front and rear carpeted floor mats
Malibu LS Trim
The LS provides a good step up in terms of comfort features, and manages to keep the starting price low. For only $24,195, drivers get access to more sophistication than the base model can provide. Additional packages provide both standard and optional enhancements over the L trim level. Get superior technology from the LS without breaking the bank.
Each of these features are standard in the LS Malibu.
- Rear vision camera
- Bluetooth technology
- Chevy MyLink Radio
- Apple CarPlay
- Android Auto
- 5G LTE with available WiFi
Malibu LT Trim
The Chevy LT 2018 model offers even more upgrades in the areas of convenience and technology. It still starts at only $26,095, and it offers features that rival the top trim level from some value car brands.
You can find all of the LS trim features included in the LT plus the following.
- SirusXM Radio
- LED running lamps
- Power-adjustable mirrors
- Driver express-up window for one touch control
- Optional heated seats
Malibu Hybrid Trim
The inclusion of a hybrid trim level is great news for environmentally-friendly drivers. The Hybrid Malibu starts at only $28,795 and offers the futuristic efficiency you want from this segment. It gets up to 49 miles per gallon city and 43 miles per gallon highway according to EPA estimates. When you can go that long without stopping for gas, you’ll be thankful that it includes all the same amenities you can get at the LT trim level.
The hybrid version of the Malibu has a lot to boast about. All of the LT features are included.
- 1.8L engine with Hybrid electric propulsion system
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Hybrid-specific instrument cluster
Malibu Premier Trim
The highest trim level of the new Malibu is fully loaded with great features, and still starts at only $31,895. It gives drivers all of the following and more.
- Heated front seats
- Remote start
- Leather steering wheel and shifter
- Upgraded engine
- Two-liter turbocharged
- 250 horsepower
- 26 MPG combined
- 18-inch aluminum wheels or optional 19-inch
- Navigation technology standard in Chevy MyLink system
- Bose speakers
- Full color driver information screen
- Heated steering wheel
- Optional parking assistance technology
- Optional automatic braking
Where to Test Drive a New 2018 Malibu in Phoenix
All the great Malibu trim levels can be a lot to take in. Luckily for car buyers everywhere, there are no bad choices when you choose the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu. There are only great choices, and even better ones. Stop by your local Valley Chevy Dealer to test drive all of these trim levels today. You’ll be able to tell which one is right for you when you take your seat and engage with all the features.