2019 Chevrolet Equinox LS vs LT
Updated: 3 March 2020
If you need a vehicle that’s dependable, the Chevy Equinox should be at the top of your list. This small SUV is the recipient of the J.D. Power Dependability Award in 2016, and the 2019 edition continues the tradition with amazing performance and a number of great features.
The LT trim has a 2.0L engine vs the 1.5L in the LS. The LT also has upgraded seats and a luggage rack. The LT has five additional safety features over the LS. The LT has upgraded rims and wheels as well as a remote start and heated seats. The full list is shown below.
2019 Chevy LS vs LT Equinox Trims
The Chevy Equinox is the perfect size SUV for all of life's challenges.
Equinox LSMSRP from $27,095
Equinox's LS trim is available in a 1.5L turbo and has teen driver technology.
- Compact spare tire
- Carpeted rear floor mats
- Available Interior Protection Package, including Premium all-weather floor mats and cargo mat
- Available Protection Package, including all-weather front and rear floor mats and rear molded splash guards
- Available keyless entry keypad
- 1.5L turbocharged 4-cylinder DOHC engine with Continuously Variable Valve Timing, Direct Injection and Stop/Start technology paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission
- Keyless Open, including extended range Remote Keyless Entry
- Push-button start
- Chevrolet MyLink Radio† with 7" diagonal color touch-screen
- Rear Vision Camera
- USB port† with auxiliary input Jack
- Teen Driver technology
- Carpeted front floor mats
- Active noise cancellation noise control system
- Built-in Wi-Fi hotspot†
- Front, second row and rear cargo area auxiliary, 12-volt power outlet
- Power windows
- LED daytime running lamps
- Halogen composite headlamps
- Outside heated power-adjustable mirrors
- 17" aluminum wheels
- 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc 16" front and rear brakes
Equinox LTMSRP from $28,395
In addition to all the features included in the LS trim, buyers get the following in the LT.
- 2.0L turbo engine and 1.6L turbo-diesel engine options
- High-intensity discharge lamps
- Power driver seat with driver lumbar
- Outside heated power-adjustable, manual-folding mirrors, with body color mirror caps
- Second-row mechanical seat release levers
- Deep-tinted, rear glass
- Roof-mounted luggage carrier provisions
- Available Confidence & Convenience Package
- Available Sun & Infotainment Package
You’ll be floored by the fuel efficiency of the 1.5L turbo engine, which boasts 32 MPG on the highway. Got a guest or two after the kids’ soccer game? This compact SUV seats five comfortably. Need more cargo space? Folding down the backseats provides 63.9 cubic feet of room for you to carry furniture, boxes, or anything else you can think of.
When you purchase a Chevy Equinox, you also get to choose the color and trim that best matches your preferences. For aesthetics, you get to pick from several great paint options:
- Cajun Red Tintcoat
- Kinetic Blue Metallic
- Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
- Ivy Metallic
- Mosaic Black Metallic
- Nightfall Gray Metallic
- Orange Burst Metallic
- Pacific Blue Metallic
- Pepperdust Metallic
- Sandy Ridge Metallic
- Silver Ice Metallic
- Storm Blue Metallic
- Summit White
Your car’s paint job is a perfect way to express your personality, but when it comes to trims, things get a little more complicated. Trims come with different features, and which one you pick can drastically change your driving experience. Two popular trim choices are the LS and the LT, both of which are a step up from the standard L trim. So what is the difference between Equinox LS and LT? Let’s take a look at what each has to offer.
2019 Equinox Performance
Both the LS and the LT are available with a 1.5L turbo engine as standard. However, the LT has two other options: the 2.0L turbo engine and the 1.6L turbo-diesel engine.
If you’re looking for an SUV that leans a little more to the “truck” side of the equation, the LT with a 2.0L turbo engine was made for you. Capable of hauling up to 3,500 pounds, this engine dishes out 260 pounds-feet of torque and boasts 252 horsepower. The 9-speed automatic transmission is designed to help you haul, be it a trailer or boat.
The 1.6L turbo-diesel engine, on the other hand, is built for increased efficiency. With an EPA-estimated 39 MPG highway, this engine is out to save you money without compromising power.
While power is certainly important when choosing a vehicle trim, it’s only part of the package. So how does the LS stack up against the LT in other areas of performance? Both come with several great options as standard features:
- 6-speed automatic transmission
- 4-link rear suspension
- MacPherson front suspension
- Front wheel drive
Both the LS and LT versions of the Equinox are a wonderful balance of family car comfort and truck power. But if you’re regularly hauling or need that extra gas mileage, the LT may be the better bet.
2019 Equinox Safety Features
The Equinox has received an Overall Safety Rating of 5 stars from the NHTSA, which means that whichever trim you pick, you and your passengers are riding in a top-rated vehicle. However, when you look at the Equinox LT vs LS, there are a few extra safety features you may appreciate.
The Equinox delivers reliability and performance from a choice of three engines. Both get terrific scores on safety tests. The LT trim adds a layer of sophistication to the mix. At this higher Equinox trim level, drivers get standard Sirius XM Satellite Radio and optional remote start among other features.
Both trims come with the following safety features as either standard or available as add-ons:
- First aid kit
- Rear vision camera
- Chevrolet Connected Services and OnStar® capabilities
- Rear seat reminder
- Teen driver configurable feature
- Airbag system
- Chevrolet Connected Access capabilities
- Dual-note horn
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Child security locks on rear doors
- LED daytime running lamps
- Highway safety kit
The Equinox LT offers the following as possible add-on features:
- Rear cross traffic alert: This feature helps you avoid collision with cross traffic when reversing.
- Rear park assist: Beeping warns you of proximity when reversing.
- Power programmable liftgate: You can program your liftgate to open at a certain height every time for your convenience.
- Lane change alert: In conjunction with the side blind zone alert, this feature warns you of vehicles in your blind spot.
- HD rear vision camera: The high-quality camera allows you to see the area behind you on the infotainment screen when reversing
These technological innovations can play an important role in avoiding collisions, especially if you have young or inexperienced drivers taking the wheel.
2019 Equinox Infotainment
Rowdy kids can cause distractions, making driving difficult or even dangerous. An infotainment system, designed to function as both entertainment and information vehicle, can keep the kiddos busy while you concentrate on the road. Both the LS and LT trims have the Chevrolet Infotainment System 3 with the following features:
- Color touch screen measuring 7 inches diagonally
- Hotspot capabilities for 4G LTE Wi-Fi®
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible
- Bluetooth® audio streaming
The LS comes with a monochromatic driver information screen measuring 3.5 inches diagonally. By contrast, the LT’s driver information screen measures 4.2 inches diagonally and is in color. The LT also offers an upgraded system, the Chevrolet Infotainment System 3 Plus, which boasts all the features of the standard system as well as the following:
- Color touch screen measuring 8 inches diagonally
- Cloud-connected personalization
- Connected navigated system
- Enhanced voice recognition
When comparing the Chevy Equinox LS vs LT, the LT takes technology to the next level.
2019 Equinox External Features
The Equinox is built for an active lifestyle, so you never have to leave your gear at home. As with the best SUVs, this vehicle is equipped with features to help you brave the rougher roads without sacrificing comfort for you and your family. Both the LS and the LT have these useful external elements:
- Front license plate bracket
- Manual liftgate
- 17-inch aluminum wheels
- Your choice of the standard all-season Blackwall tires measuring 17 inches or the upgraded all-season Blackwall tires measuring 19 inches
- Compact spare tire measuring 16 inches
- Heated power outside mirrors
- Acoustic laminated windshield
- Deep-tinted rear glass
- Keyless entry keypad
- Rear splash guards
While the LS and LT trims have many of the same exterior features, the LT offers a few upgraded options. For example, the LS comes with dual halogen headlamps, while the LT has high-intensity discharge headlamps. These HID headlamps offer enhanced visibility with an intense beam and are excellent for low-light conditions.
As with other elements, the LT has a few add-ons that aren’t available with the LS trim:
- Your choice of 18-inch bright or 19-inch ultra-bright aluminum wheels, both of which come with Sparkle Silver pockets
- All-season Blackwall tires measuring 18 inches
- Signal indicators integrated into the heated power outside mirrors
- Roof-mounted side rails in chrome finish
- Provisions for roof-mounted luggage carrier
- Panoramic power sunroof
- LED taillamps
- LED headlamps
- Roof rack cross rails
These add-ons can certainly be helpful for drivers who like to spend their free time outdoors. The external luggage carriers are perfect for bikes, kayaks or camping equipment while the improved lights can cut through inclement weather that may unexpectedly strike on long trips.
However, there’s one feature that only the LS can offer, and it comes standard: Solar-absorbing glass, which diminishes the amount of sunlight that enters the cabin. This can help keep the car’s interior cool, which by extension can give you better gas mileage as you won’t have to run the air as much to maintain the perfect climate.
2019 Equinox Internal Features
If the exterior is designed to brave the path less traveled, the interior is created for maximum comfort and convenience. Chevy hasn’t skimped on the handy technological and design features that can make your day a little easier – and even significantly safer. The Equinox LS and LT share a few internal features:
- Remote panic alarm
- Keyless open
- Driver assist handle
- Child security locks on rear doors
- Front passenger assist handle
- Power door locks
- Rear outboard assist handles
- Rear and front carpeted floor mats
- Deluxe three-spoke steering wheel
- Map pocket on backs of driver and front passenger seats
- Front bucket seats
- Steering wheel-mounted controls
- Telescoping steering column with manual tilt
- Front passenger seat has four-way manual adjustmensDriver’s seat has an eight-way powered adjustment
- Interior protection package
- Manual single-zone climate control
- Visors for driver and front passenger seats with illuminated mirrors
- Rearview mirror with a manual switch between day and night
- Power windows for driver, front passenger, and rear passengers with express up/down
- All-weather cargo and floor mats
- Non-powered, universal tablet holders
- Horizontal cargo net
When it comes to interior features, however, the LT boasts quite a few add-ons to truly upgrade your driving experience:
- Remote start
- Universal home remote
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Heated seats for driver and front passenger
- Rear seat release levers to completely remove backseats
- Automatic dual-zone climate control
- SiriusXM® Radio trial
You can also get the Confidence and Convenience Package with the LT trim, which includes all of the interior add-ons plus a few of the additional safety features.
2019 Equinox Price
Clearly, the LT has more options for you to customize, but what does that mean for your budget? Let’s take a look at the LS and LT trims with standard-only features.
The Chevy Equinox LS starts at $27,095 MSRP. The Chevy Equinox LT 1.5 turbo starts at $28,395 MSRP. If you choose the engine upgrades, however, the price differs: The Chevy Equinox LT 2.0L turbo starts at $30,895 MSRP and the Chevy Equinox LT 1.6L turbo-diesel starts at $30,795 MSRP.
It’s important to note that you’re not just paying for the vehicle itself – Chevrolet offers a Complete Care package for every one of its vehicles. This comprehensive package provides a range of benefits:
- 1-month trials of coverage by OnStar’s® Safety and Security Plan, 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hotspot, and Chevrolet connected services
- One maintenance visit that covers a multi-point inspection, oil change, and tire rotation
- 10 years of Chevrolet Connected access
- 24-hour Roadside Assistance for 60,000 miles or 5 years
- Limited warranty for Rust-Through Corrosion lasting 100,000 miles or 6 years
- Courtesy Transport available for 60,000 miles or 5 years
- Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty for 36,000 miles or 3 years
- Powertrain Limited Warranty for 60,000 miles or 5 years
Not only is the Equinox an award-winning vehicle for dependability – Chevrolet is determined to live up to those high standards by delivering reliable service when you need it, where you need it.
So which trim is right for you? While this information contained here is invaluable to anyone considering a Chevrolet Equinox, the truth is that you can’t really experience the differences unless you see and drive the cars yourself. To put these two to the test, visit your nearest Valley Chevy dealership, where the friendly staff can help you try out features and determine which trim best fits your needs. Find dealership locations by visiting our website, where you can search by zip code or utilize the interactive map. Don’t decide on the LS or LT on theory alone – get to know their real capabilities in person.