The Complete Guide to the New 2022 Chevy Equinox
The Chevy Equinox made its debut back in 2005. Customers were instantly enthralled by the versatility of this sporty yet elegant crossover. Today, the Equinox is still one of the most beloved vehicles in its class. And this year, the athletic SUV has added several new features to both the exterior and interior to make it more impressive.
The 2022 Equinox features a spacious and comfortable interior that offers a wide range of high-end equipment. There are two rows of seating that provide plenty of legroom and headspace. If you need a place to store all of your luggage and other items, there is a large interior cargo area behind that back seat that can hold up between eight and ten suitcases. The rear seats can fold down in a 60/40 split if you need some extra room, creating up to 69.3 cubic feet of interior cargo space.
Sitting proudly in the center of the dash is a large 7-inch touchscreen display. However, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment display is available as well. Both displays are amazingly responsive and come standard with Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto. A Wi-Fi hotspot and USB charging ports are standard to help all occupants stay connected to the world around them.
This year, the Equinox still has a sleek and stylish exterior. However, there are a few noticeable changes. The vehicle now features a more athletic-looking front fascia. The grille has been changed to feature a unique mesh design. The front and rear bumpers also receive a refreshed look. And every model comes standard with the newly redesigned LED headlights. Available 19-inch aluminum wheels, bold badging, and sleek black side rails help round out the stunning exterior.
Power to the Ground
Every 2022 Equinox model comes equipped with a peppy 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission. The vehicle comes standard with front-wheel drive, but all-wheel drive is available and will push the engine to deliver up to 170 horsepower. When properly equipped, the Equinox can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
The engine is not only powerful, but it is also fuel-efficient. Both FWD and AWD versions seem to get about the same fuel mileage. With FWD, the Equinox gets an estimated 26 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway. The AWD versions get an estimated 25 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway.
The Equinox comes with a wide range of standard safety features to give you added peace of mind. It also comes with a suite of driver-assist features. Some of the standard features that you can find on Chevy's Safety Assist system include:
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning can detect when you accidentally drift into another lane. It will use a gentle nudge of the steering wheel and other warning sounds to let you know that you are no longer safely traveling in one lane.
- Forward Collision Alert with Automatic Emergency Braking uses sophisticated sensors to detect when you are getting too close to another vehicle or object. If you continue to approach the vehicle in front of you, the system will automatically apply the brakes to avoid a collision.
- Front Pedestrian Detection with Emergency Braking is similar to the forward collision alert system. However, it is specifically designed to detect pedestrians. The system only works when traveling at speeds below 50 mph and has limited performance at night.
- Automatic High Beam Assist can sense when you may need the high beams turned on and will automatically turn them on when traffic conditions permit.
- Following Distance Indicator tells you exactly how many seconds are between you and the vehicle in front of you. This will allow you to gauge the distance between you and another vehicle more accurately.
Visit Valley Chevy Dealers to Test Drive a New 2022 Chevy Equinox Today!
If you are looking for a spacious, athletic, and fuel-efficient vehicle, look no further than the new 2022 Chevy Equinox. If you have any questions about this impressive vehicle, or you would like to schedule a test drive, please feel free to contact us today.
Image by Chevrolet Presroom