2022 Chevy Spark Safety Rating
The 2022 Chevy Spark is the perfect city car for drivers here in Arizona and the surrounding areas. The small hatchback is easy to handle, easy to park, affordable, and surprisingly versatile inside. On top of all of that, the Chevy Spark safety rating indicates that this vehicle will keep you and your passengers protected on the road.
Chevy Spark Crash Test
The 2022 Chevy Spark is so new that, as of October 2021, some of the safety data isn’t even available yet. That said, it’s reasonable to expect that the results will be very similar (if not completely identical) to what they were for the 2021 Chevy Spark. The previous Chevy Spark crash test data from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) indicates that this vehicle is very safe overall, especially among other options in the small car category.
The IIHS gave the Chevy Spark an overall evaluation of Good, which is the highest possible score. Additionally, the Spark earned a rating of Good for almost every individual category from the IIHS as well, which is part of the reason for the overall rating. This isn’t something you can take for granted with most tiny cars, which is part of the reason so many people are choosing the 2022 Chevy Spark instead of the competition.
Chevy Spark Safety Features
There are numerous reasons the Spark has done so well in crash test ratings historically. For one thing, the frame of the vehicle is a high-strength steel safety cage. It also offers a wide variety of safety features that help minimize the impact of potential crashes. The new 2022 Chevy Spark includes important safety features like anti-lock brakes, stability control, and seatbelt pretensioners, among other things.
One of the most impressive things about the 2022 Spark is the airbag coverage within the vehicle. There are front impact airbags to protect the driver and passenger during frontal collisions. There are also side-impact airbags, overhead airbags, and knee airbags to help protect the passengers from every angle and at every part of the body. Overall, the 2022 Spark comes standard with 10 airbags.
Active Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
Accidents happen, so it’s important to be protected with safety features like the ones mentioned above. Better yet, though, the 2022 Spark offers a wide variety of active safety features to help prevent accidents in the first place. When you buy the 2022 Spark, here’s what you can expect:
- Standard Rear Vision Camera – Many accidents happen while the vehicle is in reverse, and this gives the driver better vision.
- Available Automatic Emergency Braking – The vehicle can start braking or supplement the driver’s braking when necessary to prevent or mitigate collisions.
- Available Lane Departure Warning – Receive an alert if you start to drift.
- Available Rear Park Assist – Struggle to back into a spot even in such a small vehicle? The Spark can help!
- Available Forward Collision Alert – The vehicle will provide a warning if it detects a potential collision to the front of the vehicle.
- Available OnStart Automatic Crash Response – If a crash is detected, the vehicle can call for help automatically.
Test Drive the 2022 Chevy Spark
To see how the 2022 Spark safety features inspire confidence, drive it for yourself! Find your local Chevy dealership near Phoenix and stop by today!