Chevy Tahoe Reviews
What You'll Learn
As you read about the 2021 Chevy Tahoe, you'll learn:
- Glowing Chevy Tahoe reviews are already pouring in from reviewers and individuals alike.
- The 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe is available in six different trim levels.
- The new Tahoe offers an impressive collection of features and capabilities that show why this is one of the most legendary SUVs ever made.
2021 Chevy Tahoe Specs and Review
The new 2021 Tahoe is a massive SUV; it offers two engine options, six different trim levels, and a cavernous interior, no matter which options you pick. There is available seating for up to nine passengers and 122.9 feet of cargo capacity. One of the best things about this vehicle is how the many trim levels make it possible to get the features you need without paying for a bunch you don't care about.
2021 Tahoe Trim Packages
No matter which level you choose, you're still getting one of the best large SUVs ever made. With that said, selecting the right trim level for you, your family, and your lifestyle can make a large difference. Familiarize yourself with each of the following options to decide which is the one for you.
2021 Tahoe LS Trim Level
This is what you might consider the base model of the new Tahoe, but it's anything but basic. In fact, this vehicle contains many features you might expect to pay extra for when buying another SUV. You get all of the following:
- 18-in. Bright Silver painted aluminum wheels
- LED daytime running lamps, headlamps, and tail lamps
- Automatic windshield wipers
- 10.2-in. multicolor reconfigurable infotainment screen running the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wireless Android Auto
- Bluetooth technology
- Voice activation
- HD Radio
- SiriusXM Radio
- 4.2-in. color driver information center
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot
- Six-speaker audio system
- Acoustic laminated glass
- Black assist steps
- Body-color heated power outside mirrors
- Bright roof-mounted side rails
- Deep tinted glass
- IntelliBeam headlights
- Following distance indicator
- Forward collision alert
- Front pedestrian braking
- HD rear vision camera
- Keyless open and start
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Rear park assist
- Remote start
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
2021 Tahoe LT Trim Level
The Tahoe LT trim is for those who want just a little bit more in the way of comfort and convenience. Most of the upgrades at this trim level are focused on just that. For the small increase in price over the LS trim level, drivers can enjoy all of the following:
- Hands-free power liftgate with emblem projection
- Ten-way power front seats
- Bose nine-speaker premium audio system
- Driver's seat memory settings with two positions
- Heated front seats
- Wireless charging to keep your devices powered up without all the cords
- Universal home remote
2021 Tahoe RST
The RST trim level is mostly about the appearance. If you want your vehicle to look aggressive and turn some heads, this is a good way to go about it. The RST trim level includes black roof-mounted side rails, perforated leather-appointed seat trim, and 22-inch bright machined High Gloss Black painted wheels. The sophisticated styling is visible inside this vehicle and out.
2021 Tahoe Z71 Trim Level
If you want some of the soft touches and a distinctive appearance, but you also want functional upgrades that turn your SUV into an absolute beast, look to the Tahoe Z71 trim level. Here you get all of the following in one incredible driving machine:
- Four-wheel drive comes completely standard on all Z71 models
- 20-inch machined aluminum wheels with Technical Gray pockets
- 20-inch all-terrain Blackwall tires
- Available adaptive air ride suspension
- Available advanced trailering system
- Front skid plate
- Heavy-duty air filter to help keep air quality good in the cabin even as you're kicking up dust
- Leather-appointed front seats
- Hill descent control
- Red recovery hooks
- Autotrac two-speed transfer case
2021 Tahoe Premier Trim Level
As we approach the top of the lineup, comfort and style really start to take the front seat. When you choose the Premier trim level, you get access to all of the following features:
- 20-inch polished aluminum wheels
- Bose 10-speaker Surround with CenterPoint premium audio system
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated second-row outboard seats
- Power tilt and telescoping steering column
- Power 60/40 split-folding third-row bench seat
- Power release second-row bucket seats
- Body-color power outside mirrors with auto-dimming technology on the driver side
- Shiny roof-mounted side rails
- Chrome door handles
- 12-way adjustable power front seats
- 8-inch driver information center
- Navigation added to the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Premium system
- Front and rear park assist
- Lane change alert with side blind zone alert
- Lane keep assist with lane departure warning
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Safety alert seat
2021 Tahoe High Country
This is the cream of the crop, the most luxurious Tahoe SUV you can buy. It adds the most exclusive features like an upgraded engine, 22-inch Sterling Silver premium painted wheels with chrome inserts, 15-inch multicolor head-up display, rear camera mirror washer, and rear pedestrian alert.
2021 Tahoe Exterior and Interior - Cosmetics and Comfort
The trim levels give you a great idea of what's possible, but it's still worth considering this car holistically in a few categories.
2021 Tahoe Power
This vehicle comes with a 5.3-liter V8 on all trim levels except the High Country, which receives a 6.2-liter V8. The smaller engine produces 355HP and 383 pound-feet of torque, while the larger produces 420HP and 460 pound-feet of torque.
2021 Tahoe Fuel Economy
This vehicle returns up to 21 miles per gallon city and 28 miles per gallon highway depending on the engine and some other selections. That type of efficiency is almost unheard of for a vehicle of this size.
2021 Tahoe Towing and Hauling
The towing capacity ranges from 7,600 to 7,900 pounds. It's safe to say that you'll have plenty of power to bring all of your favorite toys with you on the next road trip.
2021 Tahoe Safety Features
This vehicle is built for families, so safety is at the forefront. The new Tahoe comes loaded with the best standard and available safety features you're likely to find anywhere, and it's also designed to hold up well in the unfortunate event of a crash.
2021 Tahoe Technology
This vehicle comes with all of the tech you might expect from a modern vehicle, headlined by Chevrolet's powerful and intuitive infotainment system. For those who want even more technology to keep all of the passengers engaged on longer trips, look into the entertainment packages.
2021 vs. 2020 Tahoe
The all-new 2021 Tahoe is a full redesign, and it's bigger and better than ever before. Considering the Tahoe lineage, that's saying a lot. The spacious interior might be the first thing you notice, with increased rear legroom to make even adult passengers comfortable in any seat. Once you start driving, you'll appreciate the more subtle improvements to the transmission, suspension, and more.
Test Drive the 2021 Chevy Tahoe
There's a lot to love about the all-new Tahoe, and there is no shortage of rave reviews to read. Still, the best way to learn more about this incredible SUV will always be to drive it for yourself. You can do exactly that by finding your nearest Valley Chevy dealer for a test drive.
What's the Price of the 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe?
Depending on the trim level selected, the 2021 Tahoe MSRP ranges from $49,600 to $68,200.