CHOOSE CHEVY EQUINOX ADVANTAGE
When you first check the prices of these two vehicles, you might assume the Terrain is better because it’s so much more expensive. However, the truth is that when you put up the GMC Terrain vs Chevy Equinox, the Chevy Equinox actually outclasses the GMC Terrain even though you can get one for less money. If you know how to get the best deal on a new car, sometimes you can get a better driving experience and help your bank account at the same time. Still, both of these vehicles have a lot going for them, so the only way to make your final decision easier is to compare the Equinox Vs. Terrain in a few different categories.Download Brochure
Even though Equinox has the edge over the Terrain in some ways, it’s still a close call for some drivers. One of the best things about the GMC Terrain is that the Denali trim level adds many swanky touches. Of course, it’s also more expensive than any trim level of the Equinox because the 2021 GMC Terrain Denali starts with an MSRP of $35,900. Drivers with large budgets may like the appearance and features enough to shell out that kind of money.
The Equinox has some tricks up its sleeve, too. Drivers who value appearance are still likely to choose Chevrolet over GMC because of the two available special editions:
- The 2021 Equinox Midnight Edition will turn heads because of its Mosaic Black Metallic exterior color, 19-inch gloss Black aluminum wheels, Black grille with Black surround, Black fog lamp bezel and surround, and Front and rear Black bowtie emblems.
- The 2021 Equinox Sport Edition has a sharp, street-inspired design and comes in a variety of exterior colors, 19-inch gloss Black aluminum wheels, Black grille with Black surround, Black fog lamp bezel and surround, and Front and rear Black bowtie emblems.
This is a common misconception, but the Terrain is not bigger than the Equinox. It only looks that way because it has a slightly boxy appearance, especially on the front end. Once you get inside the spacious interior of the Equinox, you’ll find that it’s actually larger, and the numbers back that up:
- The 2021 Chevy Equinox has 63.9 cubic feet of cargo room, while the GMC Terrain has 63.3 cubic feet of cargo room.
- Both vehicles have exactly 40 inches of front headroom.
- Both vehicles have 40.9 inches of front legroom.
- The Equinox has 39.9 inches of second-row legroom, while the GMC terrain has 39.7 inches of second-row legroom.
As you can see, the Chevrolet SUV gets an edge when it comes to interior space, but not by very much. It’s a game of inches (or sometimes, even fractions of inches). Still, the thing that makes the Equinox really special is the way it makes the most out of all of its available room. For example, there’s a cleverly hidden storage compartment under the rear cargo floor, giving you a bit more space and a way to keep some valuables out of sight.
The 2021 Equinox and 2021 Terrain come with state-of-the-art technology options to keep you connected and entertained. Available technology includes (may be included, depending on the vehicle trim package):
- Standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- Onboard Amazon Alexa
- Keyless entry and remote start
- Rear-vision Camera
- Adaptive cruise control
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi® Hotspot
The Terrain’s base model does not come equipped with many desirable technology features, but these features can be added as they are with the 2021 Equinox. Other features, like a heads-up display (HUD), which displays customizable vehicle info like the speed limit, driving speed, audio, and more into the driver’s view, are only available standard on the Terrain Denali, SLT, and AT4.
The Equinox comes standard with advanced safety features to prevent, protect, and respond in the event of an emergency or collision. All 2021 Equinox models are included with standard Chevy Safety Assist, which bundles the following advanced safety technologies:
- Forward collision alert & automatic emergency braking
- Front pedestrian braking
- Lane keep assist with lane departure warning
- Following distance indicator
- Intellibeam®, auto high beam assist
- OnStar Safety & Security
On top of the standard safety technologies that both vehicles share, the 2021 Terrain Denali trim comes standard with GMC Pro Safety Plus, which includes the addition of the following features:
- Lane change alert with side blind zone
- Rear park assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
2021 CHEVY EQUINOX
Locate a Dealer
TEST DRIVE ONE TODAY
If you’re still on the fence, it’s probably time to explore these two vehicles in person. An experienced salesperson can show you all of the features and set you up with a test drive so you can get a feel for each vehicle. Visit a Valley Chevy dealership today!Download Brochure
When you have to decide Equinox vs. Terrain, your decision will almost always come down to the smaller details. Even when you consider technology, there isn’t much to separate the Equinox from the Terrain. Both have user-friendly infotainment systems that include Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and WiFi hotspot capabilities. The active safety features in both vehicles are great, too. The Terrain gets as close to the Equinox as any other vehicle on the market right now.