Camaro vs. Ford Mustang
The new 2015 Chevrolet Camaro is a powerful machine with a unique design, high-end technology and attractive features that improve its efficiency and performance. This muscle car really lives up to its reputation of being the boldest ride on the road. The Camaro is manufactured using the highest-quality materials for both its interior and exterior. It features exquisite and expertly-made leather seats and a dashboard that incorporates the latest technology in entertainment and navigation.
- Beneath the classy looks and sporty features, the Camaro is driven by a powerful engine with an incredible 323 horsepower that can rise to 580 horsepower with a super-fast six-gear automatic transmission
- Camaro boasts a five star safety rating
- The creatively colored Head-up Display (HUD) is designed to display performance figures including rpm, speed, lateral G-force and others without causing the driver to look away from the road
- The rear vision camera of the Chevrolet gives the driver clear sight of what is happening behind them
- The exterior of the car bears the signature LED-enabled halo rings, chrome decorated grille as well as redesigned LED tail lamps
- The RS exterior design gives the car a classy look. The buyer can also have the dealer customize the car to suit their taste with durable accessories
- The front and the rear parts bear a new design giving it a low and broad appearance. The front is designed more intricately making the car look wider and heavier than the previous model.
- It is exceptionally safe on the road because of its stability, made possible by the proportional front and rear weight ratio of the car that facilitates effortless steering, as well as its wide wheelbase.
- Camaro features a Boston Acoustics sound system with nine speakers
Comparison with the Ford MustangThe Chevy Camaro’s traditional competition is the Ford Mustang, but the Camaro is a cut above in many ways.
- The Chevy Camaro wheelbase is 112.3 inches, whereas the Ford Mustang has one of 107.1 inches
- The Chevy has an overall width of 75.5inches against the 73.9 inches of the Mustang
- The Chevy’s horsepower is 323 compared to 305 of the Ford
- The torque of the Camaro is greater at 420 rpm @4600 than the 390 @4250 of the Mustang
- The Chevy Camaro has daytime running lights, the Mustang does not
- On the inside, the 2015 Chevrolet has a head curtain airbag that is absent in the Mustang
- The Chevy Camaro has been rated five stars for safety while Mustang has a four stars rating
- Camaro's fuel economy is superior to that of the Mustang, at an estimated 19 mpg city and 29 mpg highway compared to the 17 mpg city and 28 mpg highway of its competitor
- The Chevy Camaro’s fuel tank capacity is also higher at 19cc to that of the Mustang at 16cc.
- The Chevy comes with a five year Powertrain limited warranty for the first 100,000 miles covered, while the Ford provides an allowance for the first 60,000 miles over the same five-year period.